Traffic Management Specialist
he Traffic Management Specialist will be responsible for the management of the inbound transportation to meet the needs of D’Artagnan in a timely, consistent, high-quality, and cost-effective manner for finished goods, ingredients, and packaging materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of shipment and transportation programs involving inbound material and recommending alternative strategies to improve efficiency and economy of operations.
- Negotiate and manage carrier service agreements to provide a cost effective and efficient transportation system supporting the company’s inbound transportation requirements.
- Schedule, monitor, and communicate the status of shipments during transit, updating internal groups to their estimated time of delivery.
- Provide timely analysis and review of logistics expenses as they affect budget, service and freight cost metrics.
- Study the general development, application, and impact of traffic management programs.
- Develop and implement alternative methods of shipment to reduce cost and improve inbound scheduling.
- Procure adequate capacity, and plan ongoing requirements so that both planned and surge requirements are met within the normal business process.
- Determine the optimum mix of transportation modes to deliver transportation costs at or below market rates. Plan accordingly, so that this mode mix strategically fits and supports the overall strategy.
- Ensure that Inbound Transportation is a strategic part of the Purchasing process. Collaborate and closely work with Purchasing and Operations in a team environment regarding all aspects of supplier risk management and development.
- Drive logistics innovation within the inbound pipeline. Champion new ideas, pilot programs, processes and ways of working.
- Coordinate with internal and external contacts to ensure efficient and accurate freight payment processes to support appropriate key performance measurements for the supply chain.
- Act as the final resource for acquiring emergency capacity for inbound moves. Maintain log for vendor management and process improvement opportunities.
- Manage routing guide and rate matrix that supports daily operations and aids in overall supply chain decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Sound working knowledge of strategic purchasing principles, materials management and end to end supply chains.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MRP system a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting timelines as required.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to build a sustainable business case for a proposed solution.
- demonstrated excellence in working in a team environment with successful collaboration.
- Supply Chain Principles and Best Practices.
- Understanding of Logistics Process and Cost Structure, Transportation Operations, Transportation and Contract Law, Quality Specifications, Insurance Policies, Claims, Regulations, Purchasing Best Practices, Factory & Warehouse Rail and Bulk Transport Loading/Unloading Practices and DOT Regulations
If you are interested in the job listed above, please e-mail us a detailed resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job ID 004. No phone calls, please.
D'Artagnan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW