Purchasing Forecast Analyst
he Forecast Planning Analyst analyzes inventory levels and determines the best metrics to use to provide the most accurate representation of the forecast. He/she works with other departments, primarily Purchasing, to determine optimal inventory levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare reports to monitor forecasts and sales data accurately and analyze all sales trends.
- Communicate and interact with sales staff to gather and analyze pertinent sales trending information and communicate inventory issues such as backorders or overstocked SKU’s.
- Develop and evaluate all forecasts depending on statistical modeling and marketing strategies.
- Analyze and interpret all sales and forecast data to create Purchase Requirements to corporate purchasing department for fulfillment.
- Coordinate with corporate purchasing, vendor logistics, and inventory teams to complete all order deliveries from suppliers.
- Perform regular analysis on inventory levels with various metrics including business seasonality and inventory turnover to determine forecast presentation with accuracy.
- Provide ad hoc forecasts, sales and prepare archive reports as requested to assist management decisions.
- Assist to prepare inventory reduction initiatives for assigned product lines.
- Assist in the develop of local alternate sources of supply to foster competition with incumbent supply base.
- Monitor and ensure completion of projects in coordination with manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Sound working knowledge of strategic purchasing principles, materials management and end to end supply chains
- Comprehensive knowledge of MRP system a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting timelines as required
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to build a sustainable business case for a proposed solution
- Demonstrated excellence in working in a team environment with successful collaboration
If you are interested in the job listed above, please e-mail us a detailed resume with a cover letter to email@example.com and reference Job ID 002. No phone calls, please.
D'Artagnan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW