The French Pâté Collection Perfect for a cocktail party or appetizers at a family feast, this trio is a perennial favorite and makes a lovely hostess gift.
Dry-Cured Saucisson SecServe saucisson sec with charcuterie for an ideal and easy party starter.
A perennial favorite among chefs and home gourmets, our Uncured Smoked Duck Bacon is made with all-natural, plump Moulard duck breast. Actress Gwyneth Paltrow waxed poetic about our duck bacon in her cookbook, My Father’s Daughter, and with good reason. Leaner than pork belly yet juicy and flavorful, our duck bacon is simply seasoned then wood-smoked and sliced, producing a delicious, high-quality nitrite and nitrate-free bacon. Duck bacon has half the fat of pork bacon but more flavor and better texture than “alternative” bacons, like turkey. It’s also a great choice for people who don’t eat pork.
Storage & UseD’Artagnan duck bacon is sold fresh and should be kept refrigerated. As with pork bacon, our duck bacon freezes well and when wrapped airtight, will keep in the freezer for several months.
Duck bacon can be used just as you’d use pork belly bacon. We recommend crisping in a skillet or on a griddle. As with pork bacon, start in a cold pan then cook over medium-low heat, until desired doneness. Then drain on paper toweling. Since duck bacon is made from duck breast, it can even be eaten medium-rare! Duck bacon can also be baked, broiled, diced and sautéed, or grilled.
Just a Few Ideas for Cooking with Duck Bacon· In a Salad… Duck bacon makes a delicious addition to all types of salads. Just dice small and sauté until crisp to add a distinctive smoky flavor and peppy bite. Try duck bacon lardons with frisée, crumble duck bacon into potato salad, or chop with baby spinach, pecans and tomatoes. The small amount of fat that renders from the bacon while cooking can even be made into a warm dressing with a little vinegar or squeeze of citrus.
· Enhancing Braises… Duck bacon adds an extra layer of flavor to classic braises, like Coq au Vin and braised beef short ribs. And with less fat to start with, you’ll have less fat to skim off after braising.
· Make Seafood Shine… Duck bacon paired with seafood is a culinary tour de force. The meaty bacon is the perfect foil to flaky fish and enhances without overpowering. Couple duck bacon with firm yet flaky white fish, like halibut, cod, grouper or tilapia. Duck bacon is also an excellent partner to shellfish, like mussels, clams, oysters, shrimp and scallops and makes a kicky addition to classic dishes like seafood stews and chowders.
· For Lunch… Our duck bacon gives basic sandwiches a French twist! Try duck bacon in your BLT, grilled cheese, turkey club or chicken salad. For a decadent lunch, make a D’Artagnan Croque Madame – Pullman bread with duck bacon, gruyere and truffle béchamel topped with an over easy duck egg.
· Tossed with Pasta… The heady smoke flavor of duck bacon pairs well with pasta. Especially when dressed with a creamy sauce. Our recipe for Duck Bacon Carbonara is rich, indulgent and satisfying. Try chopped duck bacon with penne, green peas, sautéed shallots and homemade vodka sauce or simply tossed with halved cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil and orecchiette for a light, summer supper.
· As a Wrap Star… Duck bacon makes a delicious wrapper. For retro hors d’oeuvre with a modern twist, stuff Medjool dates with Marcona almonds then wrap in duck bacon and broil until crisp for an updated version of Devils on Horseback, the same concept works with crunchy water chestnuts or tangy pineapple chunks too. Sweet, tender sea scallops wrapped in crisp duck bacon make a delectable, single-bite appetizer. Try swaddling small bundles of blanched vegetables, like asparagus or string beans with a strip of duck bacon before sautéing for a smoky vegetable side dish.
· To Start Your Day… Of course, duck bacon is a natural pick for breakfast. Use it exactly as you would pork belly bacon. It’s delicious as a breakfast side, in breakfast burritos, frittatas, classic quiche Lorraine, benedicts, hash and omelets. Pair with duck eggs for even more panache.
Buy D’Artagnan Duck Bacon
Additional Recipe Suggestions using D’Artagnan Duck Bacon:Duck Bacon Carbonara Duck and Scallop Rumaki